- The Newspaper Publishers' Association of New Zealand and/or Newspaper Advertising Bureau (News Works NZ) may collect and hold Personal Information
The Newspaper Publishers' Association of New Zealand and/or the Newspaper Advertising Bureau (News Works NZ) may hold personal information about you (such as your name, contact details and financial information) that you have provided to us (such as on an application or registration form) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our suppliers or from marketing organisations and credit agencies). We also collect and hold other types of information such as how you use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location and duration of service, the advertising processed and the cost of the advertising, and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our group companies' websites), lifestyle information and any other information collected in relation to your use of our products and services (Information).
- How the Newspaper Publishers' Association of New Zealand and/or Newspaper Advertising Bureau (News Works NZ) may use that Personal Information>
Your information may be held and used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business operations and functions, which include:
- processing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services requested or administering your account;
- billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method);
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our and our group companies' products and services generally;
- contacting you (including by post, email, fax, pager or telephone) about our group companies' products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you. You will be given the option of unsubscribing from any commercial electronic messages that we send you promoting goods or services. ;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our and our group companies' loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
- Sharing your Personal Information
- We may share your information with our group companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us.
- We may also pass personal information, relating to you, for any particular purpose to certain third parties including:-
- Those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our dealers and suppliers;
- credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise) who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- if someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
- those involved in the prevention or detection of fraud or crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, including the operators and participants of crime prevention schemes in which we participate who may compare your personal information with information collected from other sources and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name; persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority; and anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
Information passing outside New Zealand
If you wish to use our online products or services abroad, your information may be transferred outside of New Zealand to that country. Our websites and those of our group companies may also be based on servers located outside of the New Zealand. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries outside New Zealand may not be as comprehensive as the laws of this country.
This Policy does not affect your rights under the Privacy Act 1993
This notice is provided for your information and is not intended to limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 1993. Under the legislation you have the ability to access and correct the personal information that we hold. You may do this at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any further questions about any matter then please do not hesitate to contact us.